Thursday, September 22, 2016

ITS HEEEEEERRRRREEEEEE!!!!

Happy Fall!!!!!



I don't know about you but it is this time of year that I love running the most.  Granted it is still too hot right now here in New York.....but it is coming!!!  My race calendar is so full every fall but I don't mind.

This weekend I have a 10k on Saturday and then the Ocean to Sound Relay on Sunday.  My leg is #3 and 6.3 miles.  I am looking forward to this.  I ran it back in 2012 and had a blast and this year I am running with BGR so of course it will be fun.  It was actually my very first race recap and second ever blog post.  You can read it here if you want.  

Then if my favorite month of the year OCTOBER!!! It really is the best month.  It has my birthday AND Halloween!  My 2 favorite holidays which I celebrate all month long.  Plus I always had the best parties.



All in all in October I have 4 half marathons, 1 10k, 4 5ks and a bubble run.  If anyone local wants to celebrate my birthday at a 5k 10/23 is the day and I will be at the Freaky 5k in Wantagh.  They have candy and water stops and lots of costumes.

I think this is what I will wear for it.

November is quite busy as well but fewer miles.  2 half marathons, 4 5ks, 1 4k but best of all I am volunteering at NYCM again at the Mile 16 water stop with BGR.  I had so much fun last time!


The schedule opens up after that, just a couple of 5ks in December then nothing really until March when the spring races start.  I don't mind winter running but nothing beats the fall!!!

Are you excited for the Fall?  What is your favorite running weather?





2 comments:

  1. I was running right in front of you last week at the Dark Stride 10K in Nickerson Beach. I read your blog but didn't realize it was you until I saw your picture on the Blog. I was running with my son..Next time I'll introduce myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome!! I can't wait to meet you next time! Are you doing any more local races?

      Delete