Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Last couple of races......in photos

Well I am just about caught up on my blogging thanks to my family vacation in North Carolina.  I just wanted to include some pictures from the Oakly Mini Womens 10k in Central Park, the Queens 10k in Flushing Meadows, the Hope Runs Here Half Marathon  and the Run Around the Lake where I met Taylor Kitch who played Lt. Michael Murphy in the movie Lone Survivor.  Lt Murphy is a local hero and the run around the lake is in memory of him every year.

Oakley 10k - Got to ride in with Jan and Rachel which was a blast, we met up with other BGR ladies and had a fun race.  I hung out with Jan for most of the hot and humid hilly miles.  :)












Hope Runs Here Half - Rode out with Jan again and met up with Laurie, Linda and Charlie.  The humidity was crazy!!!  It was a tough race but I met Susan along the way thank goodness and we helped each other across the finishline.









Queens 10k - The weather was crazy and the race got delayed for 1 hour.  Luckily we were informed the day before.  I got an email, phone message and text about it.  So great.  I got there pretty early and headed to back check to meet up with the BGR ladies and get my bib.  We took some pictures and headed to the start.  It was not a bad day but the humidity was killer....I was praying for rain the entire time.  I had to leave right after I finished because the groomer was coming for the cats at noon.







Run Around the Lake - This one is always so hot but this year was not too bad.  My friends Eileen, Susan and Elana were coming down from MA to do it too.  I did not find them before the race but I did find them at mile two....with Eileen and Elana carrying flags for the race it was not too hard to spot them.  We got to spend the rest of the time together.  Crossing the finishline as a group.  After we met Taylor Kitch and took pictures.  He was super sweet.











WellI finally feel caught up.  Other than these races there have been a few local 5ks and the Summer Run Series has started.  I do still have to do a recap on the Grid Race, my virtual race for Team Chris and also do my Glimmer Dear Review and give away.  I had Team Chris try out the Glimmer Gear items :)








3 comments:

  1. Your pics are always so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Website...
    Hey JOIN now fblikesbot.com and Increase Facebook Likes your profile and websites.
    Increase Facebook Likes and check your website worth worth my websites
    its may be very beneficial for you also really

    ReplyDelete