Friday, May 23, 2014

3rd Runneraversary!!!

I realized this morning that yesterday was my third runneraversary!!  5/22/11 was the very first time I crossed a start and finish line ever.  

That is me on the left in the white shirt next to the truck.
I can say the past 3 years have been pretty awesome and tough all at the same time!!  I have run literally HUNDREDS of races and logged THOUSANDS of miles all over the country (and a little in Belize).


I started to reflect on the past three years and there are a few things I have realized/learned during this journey.



The weather doesn't matter.

The day after 26 inches of snow.
95 degrees and humid at sunrise in Belize. 

Crazy rain storm



I have even gotten some of my family and my oldest and dearest friends to join me sometimes.








I have also met a ton of wonderful new friends.















Even reconnected with a friend I hadn't seen in 30 years.




I have done more than just running events....mud runs, Spartan Races and color runs too.






I also got to do a 50 mile relay and a Ragnar too!!!





And sometimes I have been a part of a bigger picture where we run for those who can't run.





I don't only run...I volunteer sometimes too.



I have gotten hurt a few times........




I have gotten close to some famous people.....



I have even become a brand Ambassador for Digital Running Club, Kindrunner and Swirl Gear.




Running is still really tough for me but the most important this I have learned is to just enjoy the times spent with friends and have fun.







15 comments:

  1. Happy Runner-versary! I am so glad you started running, or we never would have met <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally rock my socks, Gigi. Every time I go out running and hate it I think about the 5K I did with you and Lorena and I want to do it again one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate running too!!! Come do another it is so much better with friends!!! XOXOXO

      Delete
  3. Awesome photos! Looks like you have had a blast at all your races.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I try to!! But as everyone knows some just SUCK lol (we just hide those photos right? LMAO)

      Delete
  4. Great pictures! Running really does change your life doesn't it?!
    Confessions of A Mother Runner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy runaversary. You have been busy in the short 3 years you have been running. I am one that believes running should come with a warning label - it is very addicting! I keep saying one more race, one more distance and then I will slow down. Slowing down does not seem to happen though does it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What would I do with my time if I stopped LOL Thank you!!

      Delete
  6. Happy runnerversary! What fun memories! I love all of your pictures. And I totally get that sometimes running sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Runnerversary! What an amazing 3 year journey!

    ReplyDelete