Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Reebok Spartan Race!!!!



Anyone who knows me knows I absolutely LOVE obstacle course runs.  I did the Spartan Sprint back in June 2013 and it was THE.BEST.TIME.EVER.  We were not fast but I loved every painful dirty second of it.






And I am not the only one who loves them obstacle race series are becoming more and more popular.  They are not your typical road race or trail run.  Obstacle races are created to increase your strength, stamina and teach you how to laugh at yourself.  You will get dirty, you will be sore but the sense of accomplishment and pride of knowing you finished is all worth it in the end.  I have never felt as bad ass as I did when I crossed that finish line

So back to the point.  As these races get more popular Reebok teamed up with Spartan Races to make a shoe made specifically for these events.




The Reebok All-Terrain Series Footwear Collection offers a number of features to make your SPARTAN experience that much better.  This collection has already been out for a few weeks and is already starting to receive rave reviews.

About the Obstacle Grip:
"So many people were slipping and sliding everywhere and we were just able to fly through the mud."

"I climbed ropes faster and ran through mud easier"

H2O Drain:
"The water drains worked wonder, and my feet didn't feel weighed down at all."

"The water drainage is the best in these, they didn't get heavy or bothersome after a dip in water or mud."

Rock Guard:
"Drainage, rock guards, traction, and overall design prove to be a great product in the making."

"If you run on mountain terrain...it doesn't hurt your feet at all."

Over All:
"I think my feet were the only thing not hurting after the race!"

"After the mud dried up...I took them outside to the hose.  They came clean and looked like new again."


Want to hear more about Spartan races?  Check out the videos and info HERE 

Think you are too out of shape to complete the course?  Not a problem, head over to their site and check out the WOD (work out of the day), FOD (food of the day), or sign up for the Spartan eBook You'll Know at the Finish Line.  All of this information is to help you succeed during your race.  Remember, you will only get out of it what you put into it!

Want to try one?  Or try a different one?  Here is your chance to win a free entry into any 2014 US Spartan Race!!!  Giveaway is for any open heat (non-confirmed start time) in any 2014 Spartan Race in the continental United States.  Void where prohibited.





a Rafflecopter giveaway

35 comments:

  1. I'm running my first Spartan in May- in Austin, TX.
    If all goes well, I'll earn my trifecta this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to my first Spartan event in June! I love mud runs!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is not your average mud run!! But it is fun!!

      Delete
  3. Here's the link to the Share :)
    https://www.facebook.com/amanda.medau/posts/438108626324482?stream_ref=1

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never knew these special shoes for obstacle races existed! thanks for the info. Segue: I also have an om Bondi Band, but mine is blue. It was a gift from Sandy, the blogger of http://notfastbutnotlast.com/.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I lost this one during the race....lol there is a water slide and when you get to the bottom it is a rough landing lol

      Delete
  5. I would need to train for the strength parts, but it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never done a Spartan race but have done the Shape Diva Dash. I suspect it is quite different LOL! I would do it I think! Deborah @ http://confessionsofamotherrunner.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've done my first Spartan Race in March and I'm hoping to do it again and I'll be ready for it this time.

    Share on my facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TeamxCullen/posts/10152092679368651?stream_ref=1

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never done one but I'd like to !

    https://www.facebook.com/GettinFitFab2013/posts/761023870582512?stream_ref=10

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never done a Spartan but I've got my eyes on Fenway Park this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ones in the ball parks seem a little less dirty but still fun!

      Delete
  10. I shared this giveaway on my blog - http://staticseth.blogspot.com/2014/04/spartan-race-entry-from-running-on-candy.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been dying to do a run like this, but I really need to find some like-minded people to join me. My husband has no interest and neither do my friends. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never done their obstacle course before and would love to. I am not sure which event I would attend as we might be moving again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shared via FB! https://www.facebook.com/jmarie.woo/posts/1426988700884930?stream_ref=1

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am new to the OCR world but I would do on of the San Francisco Bay Area races.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to do it. Just once to get muddy and say I DID It!!!! Sounds like fun to "let loose"
    Anyone in the DC Baltimore area :) #FitFoodieRuns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be doing the ROC in DC on 6/14!! I love it down in your area!!

      Delete
  16. I would definitely do the Spartan Beast in Vermont if I won. I'm up for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete