Sunday, December 15, 2013

Digital Running Ambassador

Back at the beginning of 2013 my friend and fellow blogger Kim AKA Barking Mad About Running posted about a Digital Running Challenge.  You had to run 2 half marathons in 2 states in the year and you get a medal.  You know I love bling and I had 2 half marathons in 2 states already on the schedule for March and April.  So right after AllState and April Fools I submitted the times and a short time later I got my medal.




Not too long after this challenge I received and email about a Indiegogo fundraiser to get the web site to the next level.  I of course donated and one of my perks was a free membership for a year.  I was excited.

So what is Digital Running you ask?  Well no one says it better than Brian, the founder of Digital Running.

The mission of the Digital Running Club is to promote running & healthy living with fun, educational content and events centered around the community of digitalrunning.com. We believe that everyone is a runner and we believe in the social aspect of what is generally considered an individual sport. As an online community, we strive to provide instructionsupport and entertainment that will extend beyond cyberspace and into the real world.

Along with the challenges there are so many other wonderful things you get from Digital Running.  There are training plans, experts that you ask questions about everything from running to nutrition to gear.....ect.  There are a few different columns listed on the website from some pretty talented people.  They also have a few Ragnar teams you can join throughout the year and race discounts.  If you are running Disney in January they will be there and there will be a party.

This past summer I saw that they were looking for Ambassadors.  I have never been a brand ambassador but I figured I would give it a go.  I filed out the application and hoped for the best.

Well in September I received an email saying that I was one of the 5 people chosen ?!?!?

YES!
Not only was I chosen but so was Kim!!!  Double YAY!  A week or so ago I received some awesome clothes to wear to my races this year and when I volunteer.  2 tech shirts, a jacket, bondi band and tshirt!  Bad Ass....you will be seeing me in these starting with RnR Phoenix in January!!!


So if you haven't yet check out Digital Runnning and sign up for some challenges!!  We can do them together!!!  What are the challenges?

The Hat Trick -Test your running abilities at multiple distances. Complete any three of the following four race distances and you’ll receive our awesome Hat Trick medal: 5K, 10K, Half Marathon, Marathon.


The Grand SlamFeeling a bit more ambitious? Run a 5K, 10K, Half Marathon and a Marathon in 2014 and you’ll receive the Grand Slam medal! Best of all, your registration in the Grand Slam Challenge includes registration for the Hat Trick Challenge so you can earn both medals.


The Interstate ChallengeRun a marathon or a half marathon in any two U.S. states, any 2 Canadian provinces OR a U.S.state and a Canadian province and you’ll receive the Interstate medal.



So which challenge will you be running with me?

13 comments:

  1. Oh hooray!

    You are awesome and people totally should totally give you stuff as a result of doing awesome things. It's nice to see other people who agree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to be an Ambassador with you! Looking forward to being twins at a few races in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like so much fun, congrats on becoming an ambassador. I only have one race on my calendar next year, my last full marathon in April, so after that I will chart out the rest of the year...so maybe I'll be running with you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My year is so full already LOL I hope to see you at a race!!

      Delete
  4. Oooh that sounds fun! I am attempting the Interstate Challenge in 2014 and contemplating the Hat Trick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on becoming an ambassador! I love that they have included Canadian runners! We folks in the Great White North tend to be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! I was thinking of my Canadian neighbors yesterday drinking some rolo hot chocolate :)

      Delete
  6. Congrats on your selection! Being a brand Ambassador is a great way to spread the word about something you are passionate for...and I think that pretty well defines you!

    I will be signing up for the Grand Slam, since I'm already registered for a 5K and a full marathon in January...I'll bet I can find a 10K and a Half somewhere along the line - like by the end of Mach, if I get my way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first full us this year so I am doing the GS too!!!

      Delete
  7. I agree that you cannot get too much bling. So a chance to earn more bling doing things that I already love to do is a bonus. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete