Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Robbie's Run 5k

Sorry I have been MIA for a bit....I will try to do some catching up tonight so you may see more than one post.  Well the day after Alec's run I was registered for Robbie's Run 5k.  I had been looking forward to this one for a while because of who I was running with.  I have known David since I was about 20 and became BFF with his sister.  Very soon I because a member of the family and I consider him my brother more than just a friend.  He has two daughters who I think of as my nieces and they were going to run too so I was sooooooooooooo excited.  I picked up my friend Lisa first thing in the morning and headed over to the run.  This run is such a huge event with bouncy castles, face painting, cotton candy, ect.  We met up with Dave and Nicole (Samantha decided not to come) it was such a beautiful day.


The run itself was a nice and twisty course.  I like lots of turns because they break it up for me, saw some friends along the course and sprinted to the end with Brian who I see at lots of races.  It was great to be there with friends and family so we hung out for a bit and made pixie sticks! 

I do really run on candy LOL
We finally went over to look at our results and I had a nice surprise....2nd place Athena!!! I have gotten a couple of 3 places but this is my first 2nd place :)



Do you ever get to run with family?


6 comments: