Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Sometimes I just have to laugh at myself.....

I am tired of it taking 45min - an hour to get to the running trail in Caumsett.....it is only a couple of miles away but with only 1 way in and rush hour it is not fun to get there.  So I decided to hit up a trail that is much closer.....I was not too sure how to get to it but I knew to park in Stop n Shop in Woodbury.....Well I got there fast and got out of my car but I did not see a path anywhere....I crossed the street because I knew heading north was tough trails that head into Stillwell Woods.....I love a run there called Rob's run but I did not have trail shoes on.....well guess what south was not any better.  I accidentally ended up on a mountain bike path LOL. 


How I did not break an ankle still amazes me.....
I took it slow to not fall and somehow I ended up out on Woodbury Rd.  Super busy at 5:30....I ran down and back a bit and of course hit every red light along the way LOL.  Got back into the woods and got back to the parking lot at 2.4 miles....after waiting (I am not exaggerating either) 3 minutes for the light to change I just went back and forth in the parking lot until I hit 2.26 to finish my run for Boston. 

Not fast and not pretty but I was able to run so I am grateful
Where did you get your Run for Boston done?  How did it go?  How are you doing emotionally?  It has been so crazy......


15 comments:

  1. haha! That's one of those when it rains it pours days. :) I did 4.09 Run for Boston miles in my hood yesterday. I wanted the .09 so ran up and down a side street to get it in exactly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure was LOL!! Way to get 4.09!!! I am hoping to do that this weekend.....I may do a local 4 mile race and just run through the finish line LOL

      Delete
  2. My duh moment was that I did 2.6 miles and not the 2.62! And I too ran down the parking lot looking at my watch to stop it at the exact moment I needed too, lol! And hey, did you get a new watch?! I like it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I think the guys that were getting ready to go biking on the trail were wondering why I was just going back and forth looking at my watch :)

      I got this one a few months ago and it is so much more than i need (especially in the wallet) but the one thing it had was that it doesn't just beep for me when i need to change from a run to a walk or at a mile marker it vibrates and since i listen to music i never heard the beep.

      Delete
  3. I hate having to drive to where I run too! Sometimes it takes me forever to get there! (I deleted my last comment since I came up as unknown! I'm Lisa, I swear!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I believe you and I am the same way...but just going out the door is so boring!!!

      Delete
  4. We just opened the door and ran in our neighborhood. We're lucky that here in Shirley, the side streets aren't horrific with traffic. The only problem is the rise of the side of the roads and all of the hills! 2.62 for Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also did 2.62 miles for Boston. Although, if you ask Map My Run I did 2.63 because somehow I moved another 0.01 mile after I stopped running. My latent teleportation skills are getting stronger, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO!!!! I wish I had those skills around the 10 mile mark of a half :)

      Delete
  6. LOL!!! This is such a sweet story. It doesn't matter where you run as long as your heart is in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I walked and felt really good about it. i am glad to participate somehow

    ReplyDelete
  8. I laugh at myself a lot I swear :)

    ReplyDelete