Saturday, April 27, 2013

Glad I went.....

So you all know I have been having hip and shin issues so when I woke up today and they were killing me I almost bailed on my 4 mile race today.  I just signed up last minute because it was pretty much in my back yard.......My cats we so cute a cuddly so why get out of bed?  I knew I would be mad at myself if I didn't go so I got dressed and headed out.  It was such a nice day today and I got to hang with so fellow Motley Shues and a bunch of Team Chris runners.  You should check out  Team Chris.







Seeing them made me forget I was hurting and I just enjoyed the day.  We started out right at 9:30 to start the 4 mile loop.  I had never run this but I live in the area so I knew there were going to be some hills....not too bad but noticeable. 

Starting off

I felt pretty good but when I hit the first mile at about 9:45 I knew I was in trouble....lol.  I decided not to do my 4:1 run walk thing after a few tries because I just didn't want to....I figured I would walk if and when I needed to once the hills in mile 3 started.  They weren't that bad but I did walk through the water stops and my neuromas started hurting rally bad around mile 3.  At one point I saw my fellow Motley Shue not too far in front of me and thought HOLY S$%T I am flying today (She is super fast) but then remembered she was sick and could hardly breathe LOL.  It was pretty hot out there but it felt good after the cold winter running we have had this year.  Finished pretty much my 4 mile average at 43:45.

Not as cute at the end LMAO

I did hang around for awards or raffles I just came home to shower and get ready to go to the outlets with Matthias.  I had actually never went to the Deer Park outlets to shop, a 5k and some movies but that was it LOL.  Something strange happened while there.  I went into It's Sugar the amazeballs candy store and didnt but anything ?!?!?!?  WHAT????  Too bad I couldn't say that about the Coach store....but in my defense they gave me a 50% any handbag coupon when I walked in the door....

Isn't she pretty <3




I was wondering out loud when I became obsessed with Coach and Matthias said it was when I passed 35 and that is about when it happened LMAO!!!

I have a 5k tomorrow then I will just do one or two short runs this week because I have the flying pig half marathon next weekend.

What do you do when you wake up and just don't feel like doing something?

10 comments:

  1. You should've purchased the candy. You cannot eat a handbag!!!

    And (as usual) it's always great to see you at a race!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA I can eat it I supposed but it would not taste as good :)

      Delete
  2. I wind up procrastinating and then hopefully doing it anyway, although the last few weeks have seen too many rest days.

    Don't you LOVE Tanger in Deer Park! It's SO much nicer than Riverhead!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so nice....pain to find parking but I did love it!

      Delete
  3. Yay!!! You rock!! Congrats, girl!! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job, girl!! Omg, I'm in love with that purse! I totally would've bought it too. I mean how can you resist a 50% off coupon??? I can't wait for your flying pig race!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly.....50% off is like forcing you to do it HAHA

      Delete
  5. Regardless, it looks like you had a great time and that is all that matters....That purse is sexy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did thank you!! I am loving the purse, and to think when I was younger I always made fun of people who bought expensive name brand purses LOL

      Delete