Tuesday, April 23, 2013

#BostonStrongLI

After the tragedy in Boston last week there have been an amazing outpouring of "Runner Unity" with lots of people heading out to run to show their support for Boston.  There is a blogger called Pavement Runner who took it upon himself to set up runs across the county for #BostonStrong.  He had a listing of 123 cities from all over the world that had an organized run.  I was so happy to find one near me #BostonStrongLI.  I immediately clicked the link and joined the Facebook group and sent it out over my RoC page, the Motley Shue page and to all my local running friends.  This run was organized by Constance Korol who blogs over at Active On Long Island.  I got home from work and it was nice and warm so I put on shorts and a tshirt.  WELL by the time we got to the Massapequa trail I was FREEEEEEEEZING!!! I met up with a couple of other Motley Shues and we headed over.  There was a very 26.2 second moment of silence and some picture taking and we were off for our 4 mile run.

Group Photo #BostonStrongLI

#BostonStrong Motley Shues Edition
Danielle ran slow with me and can I just say it was great having someone to run with.  I know she truly didn't mind running slow with me so I felt OK with our 12 min pace.  I can't go faster than that and chat LOL.  There were a few more runs on Long Island and that is awesome!  Runners are the best people ever :)

Was there a #BostonStrong run in your area yesterday?

8 comments:

  1. It was a great run! Very happy to meet more Shues!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know me too.....I like when there are a bunch of us!!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely event to plan and attend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so nice, there were a couple others too. :)

      Delete
  3. great group photos! LOVE it! The Asbury park Half directors asked everyone to wear blue and yellow, what a beautiful sight it was!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great! I am sure at the Flying Pig next week there will be a lot of blue and yellow again :)

      Delete
  4. That is so awesome. I didn't think even about the group - just went solo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wonderful that you still got out there <3

      Delete