Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Why are Mondys so hard?? LOL

Well first lets talk about my 5k on Sunday.  It was the Eagle 5k held at Adelphi College.  It was the 1st annual and lets just say they have quite a few growing pains to work out if they do it again.  It was a cold and windy morning and we did 2 laps of the parking lots.  I understand why the parking lots but ANY other part of the campus is so much prettier.  There were many volunteers to direct us who were great but there was not one water stop along the course.  It was very windy and dry so that is not a great idea in my opinion.  Then after the finish line you had to walk across the field to get water.  I think that water should be AT the finish line, especially if there is none along the course!  There were also no awards, I don't even think there were overall awards!  I couldn't find where the times were posted and there was no info as to where to go after.  (This is probably why people were WALKING in the race course after they finished while people were still running and had to go around them - not walkers, FINISHERS just wandering along with no mind for the rest of us who had not yet finished!)  I was happy with my time of 33:26 but I will not be running this race ever again.

If this was Mondays I would love for it to be Monday everyday .... Le sigh 10th Doctor I miss you.


Now as for Monday it was VERY Monday!  If you are my Facebook friend you already know that I got out of the shower, got dressed, put on my shoes and scarf and was looking in the mirror to check my hair and realized I did not have pants on!!!  I wish I was kidding but nope....it really happened!

I didnt take a picture but I was going to post one I found online but I was disturbed by how many pictures of people with no pants on riding the subway there were....EwwE apparently that is a 'thing'

I got home and knew I was going to be running a 10k on my treadmill as it was too flipping cold outside to run yet again.....stupid spring where the f%*k are you?!?!?  My footpod has been off so I was going to calibrate it before I ran so I changed, threw a load of laundry in the washer and ran.....what step did I miss?  Oh that's right the calibration step.  Well I figured I would just do it after no big deal.  So I did my 10k, I tried the Galloway 4:1 method and I think it will work better for me than the 9:1 method so I will be trying it again on Saturday at my half - If I remember to program my garmin watch LOL.  any who, I changed the laundry and hopped onto the treadmill to run the half mile to calibrate it....as I finished I realized that I never hit start *headdesk* so I had to do it again.  Well 7.25 miles is always better than 6.25 right :)

I went upstairs to foam roll and shower but Lucas was in a strange mood and had moved into my bathroom.... so I did my data uploading first.  




Can I just say I do not know how you runners who jump into ice baths do it!!!  Since my hair is freshly dyed I have to use cool water when washing it so I take my hot shower then turn the water down for the hair part and holy hell that sucks!!!  How do you sit in ice?!?!?  When my chiropractor puts ice on my rib when it pops out I genuinely want to punch him in the face and I really like him.  The thought just makes every muscle in my body tighten up.

WHY?? WHY do you do this?????
Well after my shower, chocolate milk and bagel I cuddled up on my couch for some Storage Wars.  Monday ended much better than it started.

Why yes my blanket is a tardis.....
Do you ice bath?  Or are you like me and prefer a super hot shower?

16 comments:

  1. Oh my god, I am not the only one who almost goes out pantsless! :D

    *sigh* (I miss Tennant too.) And I LOVE that blanket! Where did you find that?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that I am not alone in the pant-less party!!!

      Delete
  2. Haha! I've never *almost* gone out pantless but I've almost gone out with no bra and without my shirt button (2 different occasions thankfully!) Your cat is adorable =)
    That race sounds like a disaster! Ya live and ya learn right? =) Love your blog. I'm a follower now!
    ~Anna@ fitgirlwannabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and Welcome :) I am guilty of my buttons being wrong more times than not LOL

      Delete
  3. I have ice bathed (is that a word, lol) and it is CRAZY HARD to do...I usually take ice cubes and do a deep massage on the sore muscle(s) and that is now my preferred method. love the kitty! New follower here...follow back at http://runningsurvivor.blogspot.com if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just the thought makes me shiver LOL!! When you tried it, did it seem to help? I love your blog...how did you get the little petals to fall? I think I may sign up for the A-Z but I am afraid I will not have enough to write about....lol

      Delete
  4. I might have mis-buttoned my dress after going out with my now husband in a limo to the city... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it was buttoned correctly when you left the house.....LOL

      Delete
  5. Sounds like quite a day. Hope that cute kitty cheered you up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No WAY will I ice bath. I have iced specific sore areas with an ice pack before, which really helps, but I am not buying that ice bath thing. WAY TOO COLD!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not had an ice bath yet, I love hot, hot showers and HATE being cold, so sitting in ice scares the heck out of me....Hope your week goes better than MOnday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just can't wrap my head around the thought of sitting in ice!!! I hate even getting a soda out of the cooler LOL

      Delete
  8. No way! No ice baths for this girl!!
    And what's up with that 5k?! Did you actually have to pay for that race? I hope your half goes better this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! $20!! Plus bring shoes to donate! I hope the money went to the cause too!!!

      Delete