Saturday, March 30, 2013

Sidelined a bit....plus something cool.

Well I am bummed.    I have severe shin splints.  I am sure it was from the half marathon last weekend and the training up until then.  I spent many miles on my treadmill and the belt is slipping a bit so my steps are jerking around.  I have had slight shin splints when I first started running and my chiropractor fixed them but these are a whole different pain.  I have been foam rolling and putting my legs up after I run but this week they have been KILLING ME!

I have only run 1.5 miles all week and it hurt.  I am extra upset about this because I had a virtual 5k and 10k on the schedule.  They were for Jess's 3rd Annual Jelly Bean and I needed to get them done by tomorrow but I do not think it will happen.  I have been watching videos about how to treat shin splints and have been working out my legs plus I plan to get new shoes even though my current ones only have 155 miles on them.  Thing is they are the only ones I have been wearing recently since they help with my neuromas.....I thought I was finally going to be able to run with out pain...... guess not.  I have a half marathon next Sunday too....and one on 5/5.  I do have a stationary bike thanks to my friends Regina and Greg who gave me theirs.

One good thing is that my furniture came!!!!  
The couch came Wednesday and the chair came today.  


Need a smaller coffee table now.....lol












 Now for something super cool!  One of the first running blogs I read was Running, Loving & Living not only is Toni a great blogger but she lives less than a half an hour from me so it was cool to see pictures of places and posts about places/races I have run.  Well Toni is a Brand Ambassador for Cheribundi Cherry Juice and thanks to her I have been given a case of the juice to drink for a week and review.  I will start tomorrow and see how I feel during the week and see if it helps my half next weekend.  Once I do the review there will be a surprise. 

I am not sure if my box has all these flavors because I haven't opened it yet.



I start by drinking two bottles tomorrow and then one a day for the week.  I have tried this juice before and I do already know it is delish so if nothing else I will have yummy drinks all week :)

Does anyone have any tips on how to write my review, what to look for and include?  Have you reviewed anything on your blog?  What did you make sure to talk about?

19 comments:

  1. hmmm. How about a shot of Vodka in one of those drinks while you prop your legs up on that ottoman and read a great book? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great advice!!! It always works for me but I must admit I prefer margaritas to shots of vodka :)

      Delete
  2. I have never been asked to review anything, but I know people who have usually add nutrition info, serving size, etc. Of course it's personal, so you always have to add the disclaimer... if you know any blogs that have reviewed products and you don't get any more advice, I would just use one as a reference guide. Cherry juice does sound delicious!

    I'm so sorry your shins are giving you trouble!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried it a couple of times and it really is yummy!!!

      Delete
  3. My BFF Amanda at FridayLoveSong.net writes great reviews. Check out hers! And shin splints are the worst. I found that alternating ice and heat worked best. And keeping those compression sleeves on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch, sorry about those shin splints! Hope you are on the mend soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are feeling better soon. Your shins look super cute in those socks. I am looking forward to trying the Cheribundi too. Feel free to look at my reviews section for idea. http://www.comebackmomma.com/category/reviews-and-giveaways/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your shins are feeling better! I only got them one time, and that was when I first started running.
    Love your new furniture! It's so pretty. Can't wait to read your review on Cheribundi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! There will be a giveaway too :)

      Delete
  7. LOVE Cheribundi, I drink it every day!!!! Hope it helps your shins, but I know from experience that rest is the best thing for shin splints!!!! Good luck on your Cheribundi challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would say talk about the taste, sweet/sour, energy output, calories, etc...that will make a great review...hope your shins feel better asap...I taped my shins and also got some shin compression sleeves and that made a world of difference and allowed me to run like normal with no/minimal pain! the compression holds the shin muscle on the bone so it cannot tear away and cause pain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic tips!! Thank you!!! I am going to try some tape this week! I do wear compression after runs so I am going to put them on during going forward!!

      Delete
  9. Love those socks! I found a bunch of St. Patty Day ones on clearance last weekend!! Can't ever have too many pairs of socks!! I hope your shins feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Have you ever checked out Proud Runner.....they have AWESOME SOCKS!

      Delete