Saturday, March 16, 2013

Its been a tough week.

Running has not been fun this week I am not going to lie.  It is messing with my head because........

This popped up as I was toeing the start line of my 5k this morning.......
Sunday and Tuesday I did 2 virtual 10ks.  My footpod was off and said I did 7 miles but no it was 6.2.  They were both on the treadmill and just seemed tough for some reason.

Wednesday was pretty nice out so I hurried home after work and went up to Caumsett Park to run the path there, as long as you add the little side loop it is 3.1 miles.  It was really nice once I got moving and I meant to do 6 miles again but my neuromas were KILLING me so I just stopped at the 3 mile mark.  This pissed me off but I knew I would be back the next day.  I did go back Thursday and it was COOOOOLLLLDDD.  My breathing was so labored, I felt like my heart rate was well over 180 but it was super low I was shocked! I did my 3.14 miles for Pi day and headed out.  I met my friend Niqui at Nicole's tea lounge and I needed that as I was super bummed.  When I got home Friday I just didn't want to run, I cleaned my house a bit and tried to get to bed early.

Today was a 5k at a local HS.  It is a small race and last year I got 3rd place in my age group, my first AG medal ever.  Niqui and Lisa joined me.

Bundled up it was 32 degrees!
It was a small race again so we got started right away and I know I was over the start line with in 10 seconds max (this is important later).  I like the course because it is very twisty and turn-y...I hate long straightaways.  Just like last year all the students that were along the course we great, cheering for everyone like they were there just for you.  Almost right away my calves were KILLING me.  I thought maybe it was because my compression socks were too tight so at mile 1 I stopped to pull them down...it didnt seem to help but the air was so cold I forgot about them eventually because my lungs were on fire.  I have to say the roads were rough and a woman actually fell right in front of me, I stopped to help her up as she was older...she said she was fine and off she went :)  There was no clock at the end but I hit my watch and my nike+ and I got a 34:02 and 34:10.  Not bad, last year was 34:52.  My first sub 36:00 5k ever.  Well I got 3rd place AG again!  Lisa got 2nd place in her AG and Niqui blew past her goal for the race by over a minute!  We were pretty happy but when we checked the times before leaving they seemed off, neither Niqui or Lisa had a garmin or nike+ but Lisa's time was over 2 minutes higher than her usual 5k time I did and my official time was 36:47 ?!?!  What???  If it was even 20-30 seconds I wouldn't question it but almost 3 minutes?!?!?  This would be my one and only complaint about this other wise awesome race.




I just cant get it the right way sorry LOL

I came home and showered quick and headed out to get my hairs did :)  And as always Fran made my hair awesome........

Still fueled by rainbows :)
It has been snowing all afternoon but I don't think it is sticking so I am sure the 5k tomorrow is still on.  It is the first year for it so I wanted to try it....I like new courses.

How has your weekend been going?  Doing anything for St. Patrick's day?


14 comments:

  1. Sorry you are having such a rough week, I next week is better for you. I LOVE your hair!!!! We are heading to Mulcahy's tomorrow for St. Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Have fun and drink a beer for me!!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your 5k! Good luck tomorrow, I wanted to do one but opted out since I'm sore from today (plus $$$). Which one are you doing?
    P.s Love the hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It is the Eagle 5k at Adelphi, I never ran this one and I like a new course sometimes :) I hear ya on the $$ I keep saying I will do less races but I register last minute anyway LOL

      Delete
  3. That makes no sense at all. Even at the Diva, after taking minutes to get to the start line, the numbers all added up. I wonder who the timing company is... might need to mention something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont think there was a timing company....I think they did it on their own

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear that it's been a tough week for you. Your hair is GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the rough week but I love your hair color!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I am lucky that I have a job that doesn't care :)

      Delete
  6. Congrats on placing in AG! That's awesome! That sucks about their timing being off though. Can't wait to hear about your 5k yesterday!
    And as always, I love your hair!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The one yesterday was a disappointment for sure. 1st year 'issues' I am sure but there was another race just a little further away I wish I would have done. No water stops and it was cold, windy and dry! No awards after not even for over all!?!?!?!? No posted times at the race that I could find and my biggest pet peeve, we had to walk to the other side of a football field for the water at the finish line....I feel that water should be AT the finish line for all races!

      Delete
    2. Was this the one in Patchogue?

      Delete
    3. No I wish I did that one, it was at Adelphi. It was called the Eagle 5k...it was the 1st time it was run so they have some growing pains to work out.

      Delete