Monday, February 4, 2013

Week off and fitbit.

Well I took 1 full week off from running after I popped my rib and I am glad I did.  I ran last night after getting home from Pennsylvania 4.25 miles pain free.  I did go slow and steady but I was so happy.  I started practicing a .9 mile run .1 mile walk that I am hoping to work with for the rest of my half training and maybe just as a rule.  I know that 9:1 ratio helped Katie AKA Runs for Cookies when she had a hurt knee and my friend Danielle when she ran 2 marathons in 1 week (CRAZY).


I even did a cool down walk....WHAT?!?!
I also got my fitbit and set it up last night.  I already wish I got the next step up that logs sleep and stairs.  Maybe I can sell this one....we'll see.  So far it seems fun.  I learned that a 4.25 mile run is over 8,000 steps HAHA and yet it doesn't burn as much calories as the oatmeal I ate this morning.....poop.  I ordered a scale that links with it too!!  Should be here any day now.

In January I participated in a push up challenge where you did a certain amount of push ups each day.  I had to miss the end due to the rib and I do still have to do kneeling ones but I was up to 70 so that was cool.  this month is abs.  It is pushups/plank/situps.  Now I know minutes on a treadmill are longer than actual minutes but who know that seconds in plank were so damn loooooooooonnnngggggg....jeeze!

I think if you click you can actually read it.....LOL
Do you have instagram?  I am @runningoncandy if you wanted to follow me.  I am doing a runner photo of the day challenge there.

So how has your February been so far?

16 comments:

  1. Did you get the fitbit that is a clip on like a pedometer or did you get the one that is like a bracelet? I'm intrigued by these. Debating on whether or not I should get one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the little clip and it is in my bra :) I didnt see the wrist one at best buy but I might have liked that one.

      Delete
  2. We ended up getting Fit Bit Zips through Verizon since hubs just got a new phone...haven't tinkered with them yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of Fit Bit! I'm intrigued. It's like a Body Bug?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A popped rib sounds miserable! You realize now much you move when something like that is injured. Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously!!! And you don't think about breathing until then either!

      Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Im doing a plank challenge also!!! Up to 35 seconds and its so hard. id really like to do side planks also but they are really hard I'll wait till Im stronger!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do side plank in yoga sometimes so hard!!!!!

      Delete
  6. I've got a fit bit been trying to get back in the habit of using it. It's the normal basic clip on and does stairs and sleep. I would think that's yours should be able too also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is the fitbit zip. I doesn't have that option and of course when I was looking at them I didn't think it would be important to me but I love gadgets!!!

      Delete
  7. The 9:1 ratio was a lifesaver for me! Hope it helps. Isn't it funny how fast the 0.1 goes by when you're walking, but how slow it goes by when you're running? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! HAHA! I can't forget to set up my Garmin to vibrate the 9:1 for me when I get back outside! I do not want to be watching my watch the whole time!

      Delete