Monday, February 18, 2013

Valentine's Day and other disappointments

Ok let me start by saying I love my husband more than anything even candy. o-O!  However as a computer nerd/code monkey he is not romantic and I know this.  However each year I hold out hope for a surprise....LOL  Well I do know that we both got our V Day/Anniversary (Feb 29th) gifts in January.  Me an iPad and him a new computer to build (Can you die from the romance?)  Well this year he did try to send me flowers but as per usual 1-800-Flowers BLEW IT.  They did not arrive.  But the thought was there right?  No, I was commenting on how many people go their flowers a day early on FB so he did what he thought he was supposed to do - hey, I'll take it :)  And since on Instagram it was #throwbackthursday I put up one of my favorite pictures of us.  It is from 2005 when we were at his friend's wedding  I am tan and not covered in tattoos....so weird to see LOL



I also finally got to see my friend Fran and "gots my hairs did".....it was beyond time to freshen the rainbow!!

Not sure why I look grumpy except it was 7:30am and cold

Speaking of cold....IT IS F*%KING COLD and I do not like it!  I know this is not news and yes it is winter but I HATE COLD!  I have thyroid issues and am extra cold already I do not need it to be the f%$&ing tundra outside!  It was supposed to snow again Friday into Saturday so I made the decision to not meet up with my friends Saturday for our run.  I thought that if I prepared for 13.1 miles on the treadmill it would be no big deal to do it.  WRONG-O.  I made my overnight oats so I had that in the morning, hydrated very well and hit the treadmill at noonish with the mind set that I would be on the treadmill for about 2.75 hours.

First problem it I did not plan my movie schedule so I spent my whole warm up half mile choosing a movie and I chose poorly.  I chose Love Actually which you would think I would love since it had many of my favorites in it and was just so British but it was just not right......

However this is SO right!
My next problem maybe bordering on TMI but I signed up for the Good Belly 12 day Challenge.  You drink one serving of this pro-biotic drink each day to make everything work in tip top shape as far as belly/digestion.  Well lets just say it was day 8 for me and things were backed up like the Long Island Expressway at 6pm with 4 accidents. 

So I changed the movie to an old favorite Uncle Buck and tried to tough it out.  Well at about mile 5.5 I decided that I had a virtual 10k that I needed to do so I was stopping at 10k.  I was pissed at myself but I was not going to make it.  I know I did something but it was not what I wanted to do.

Oh and we are not even done yet.....this last one is funny I am not going to lie.  Sunday I headed up to my friend's tea lounge to surprise 2 of my running buds who were planning on going there, they did not show up but it was fine because I got to hang out with Nicole and Toshi who own it and that is always a fun time!  I did drink 2 full pots of tea and like I wrote on FB I could see sound.....LOL  So anyway, I decided to ride the stationary bike again.  Well first of all my ASS HURT, how do people ride bikes for so long?  After 20 minutes mine was KILLING me and I have a huge ass full of padding!  Anyway the funny part....I was peddling along and trying to go fast when the seat dropped....there is no better way to feel like a fat ass then to have a bike seat drop a good 6 inches.  Apparently I didn't put the pin back in far enough when I adjusted the seat but I was done, 22 minutes 5.75 miles, not too bad.  However it is boring......

Why cant I think it is fun like this?



What did you do this weekend?  How do you deal with last minute changes in your schedule?

30 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope you found it to be a good one for you based on how you are feeling today. Be kind to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! It is for sure a learning process!

      Delete
  2. Ouch! Sorry the weekend was such a bummer but good job pushing through and toughing it out. (Those stationary bikes hurt my behind too and I have more than enough padding). They should have used those as medievil torture devices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gigi, I feel your pain....I decided to do Hal Higdon's novice half marathon training to help me train for the Tough Mudder in April. Unfortunately there aren't too many parks for me to run in, so I've been doing it all on the treadmill. Well, for my first five mile run yesterday I accidentally pulled the emergency stop at the .3 mile mark. Started back up again, then my phone crashed (no music). Then the treadmill at the gym automatically went to cool down after 30 minutes (2.5 miles, total 2.8 miles). So then I had to start it up again. I got 5 miles done in about an hour, but it definitely was not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. lol Thanks for letting me know I had no idea :) I am lucky in that I have the treadmill in my house with a TV/DVD/ROKU right there but still!!!

      I cant wait to get back out side!!

      Delete
    2. BTW are you in NY now? or still in MD?

      Delete
    3. Still in MD for now, but working on it. At this point, I'm hoping to move to NY for the next school year. At some point I'll have to do a 10 mile run with you guys, since I should be able to run that far by April or so.

      Delete
    4. Sounds good!! Or maybe a half marathon....????

      Delete
  5. Funny funny blog, thanks for the laughs! Not laughing at your misery at all, just been to a few of those places myself & you kept it light & funny! AND, 10k & 5.75 bike miles is great!

    I've had the same Valentine for 20 years now, and while I'm grateful, I truly hate Valentines Day. I now know I don't have to explain this to you lol.

    LIE at 6 with 4 accidents.. Heh hee snicker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Thank you!! Sometimes you just have to laugh you know :)

      Delete
  6. I had a lousy treadmill run too.. I'll have to blog about it.. never close your eyes on a treadmill.. Duh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I have done that!!!!!!!! Glad it is not just me!!

      Delete
  7. Your husband and my husband sound like kindred spirits. We should introduce them to each other and have them swap code. They mean well but, bless their hearts, they don't have a romantic bone in their bodies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL it is like they are too smart to be romantic HAHA

      Delete
  8. I hate the treadmill, the longest run I had done on one was 11 miles and it was torture, so dont beat yourself up about not getting in the 13 miles. Love the hair !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did get 10 miles done last night so I feel better!

      Delete
  9. I'm dying at the bike seat falling! I LOVE Spin class, but hate the ass and whoo-ha pain so I got myself a "snatch seat" - a padded Huge MF seat cover that cushions my nether bits so they don't hurt.

    Get one. Walmart has it. :)

    Wendy
    www,weightsover,com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check it out! Thanks for the tip!!

      Delete
  10. Did the dreadmill help clear up the traffic problem? I had a few back up s last week too & it made my runs dreadful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No :( Gravity was not a pleasant feeling either. I think I need to schedule a race because when I get up on those mornings I definitely have no problem LOL

      Delete
  11. I don't think I told you but...LOVE the hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my God! I'm sure that was a fantastic sensation with the seat dropping! Woke you up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, you poor girl!! I laughed so hard about the seat falling! That just totally sounds like something that would happen to me!! Only because I've fallen off a treadmill twice, so that kind of thing happens to me!
    You are gorg, by the way. And I love your rainbow hair!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awe thanks I wish I could keep it straight but I do not have the patience for that lol

    ReplyDelete