Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Take that Sayville Brewery run!

As many of you know I did a 10 mile run in January, you can read about the hell here.  Well last night I didn't have school and I had another virtual 10k to do so I hopped on my treadmill with the plan of 6.2 miles.  I put on a movie, This is 40, and off I went.  Half mile warm up and the Galloway .9/.1 ratio for the rest.  Well first off the movie is NOT GOOD and it had so many things I love - Paul Rudd, Jud Apatow, half naked Megan Fox, Chris O'Dowd, Jason Segel ect.  It really was boring with the exception of the end credits had Melissa McCartney going crazy and I LOVE her to death!

I just love him.......

ANNNNYYYYWAAAAAYYYYYYY......10k came and went and I figured I would just stop at 7 miles and then do a 1/2 mile cool down.  My watch hit an hour and a half just as I hit 7.5 miles and I figured perferct timing.  I hopped off and moved the laundry from the washer to the dryer and stretched a bit and I am not sure what happened I just thought to myself "Hey, why not just run that last 2.5 miles so I can have a 10 miler on the books...." and I did.  I am slower than most but even with the 1/2 mile warm up and 1/2 mile cool down in the middle I finished in 1:55:25.  I was pleased with myself and that I think is even more important.

Still better than the brewery run time :)


Have you ever just HAD to do something to make up for a bad run?  Even a month later?

19 comments:

  1. Great run! Paul Rudd can be in the worst movie imaginable and I'd still love him. God that man is gorgeous. That is sad though since I had high hopes for This is 40! Huge fan of O'Dowd too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!!! OMG Ever since Clueless!!! It did have some moments and maybe some of the humor was lost on me because I don't have kids....who knows.

      Delete
    2. Yep been since Clueless for me too with him :)

      I've loved O'Dowd since the IT Crowd!

      Delete
    3. i love the IT Crowd! If you like Hello Kitty stuff check out todays tshirt from RIPT!!

      Delete
  2. Great job! You can call a mulligan once in a while and do it again.

    I have had races that just sucked and others that were awesome, even of the same distances. Some days are just better than others.

    Glad you were able to have a great 10 mile experience this time around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!! Way to hop back on and give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My f-i-l said it was good and even cried! He's a big mush. Great job on your 10 miler! I have yet to go for 6 and run 10, or like Katie, plan on 4 and then run a half. Maybe when the weather starts cooperating and I head outside, eventually...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of you the other day and forgot to mention that friends of mine have been running in the Wertheim Preserve and they say it is awesome!

      Delete
    2. Oh and I think because I am not a parent some of the jokes and feelings got lost on me.

      Delete
  5. OK, in my book this is simply insane - Rock on baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Again I say nice run girl!
    But I am so disappointed to hear the movie is a flop. I was looking forward to watching it. I'm sure we still will since the hubby is into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! It may be better for you as you have kids, I think some of the humor and 'issues' were lost on me as my kids are furry and four legged.....lol

      Delete
  7. Great job GiGi!! I wanted to run Sayville, hopefully next year. I had high hopes for that movie. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a really nice course I just had a bad day! I will try again next year for sure!! You can drink my free beer :)

      Delete
  8. Ooooo, I love Paul Rudd!! I almost picked up that movie today. Will have to wait and see if I eventually watch it. Good job on your run!!

    ReplyDelete