Friday, February 8, 2013

Grown ups get snowdays too!!

So I am sure everyone has heard that the north east is in the middle of a snowmageddon...Damn Nemo.  (seriously who named the storm that?!?!?) and since my car sucks in the snow I took the day off when there was already snow covering the ground when I woke up at 6:30. 

Just after nine and my deck was covered.

After I caught up on the shows on my DVR I decided it was time to get off my ass and do something productive.  So I finally set up my home gym in the spare room!

First I had to put on my sexiest cleaning out fit.....LOL
It is insane how full a spare room can get after 2 years of not having a purpose it was the office when we first moved in but we moved that upstairs to a room with air conditioning.  It was also where I kept all my baking stuff from when I was baking as a side job.  It took about 3-4 hours to go through all the stuff but I got it done.  I do still have some baking stuff but it is consolidated.  The only thing missing is the treadmill but she will live in this basement FOREVER.  Even after we move.....

Horatio was happy to fur up the freshly vacuumed rug
Exercise stuff,  baking stuff and tarantulas....just like in all gyms right?
Just have to hang up my medal racks.  Purple is 2011 & 2012 and Green is 2013
NPH wanted to wear my Diva boa, tiara and medal LOL
After I finished we had quite a bit more snow.....

FYI I hate snow.....
Then after dinner I went out to take a pictures of just how heavy the snow is....and that is is going SIDEWAYS!  WHAT?!?!?!?!  Can it be spring now please???


This tree usually is taller than the second floor window......now it wont even pass the first floor AC

So is it snowing where you are?  What did you today?

10 comments:

  1. It's still snowing here and we have at least 24-30 inches. CRAZY! Thanks for sharing your post on Fitness Blogger Buddies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I hope to be more active on the group :)

      Delete
  2. Wow Gigi, I want to see what you woke up to this morning! Love the spare room!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ended up with 22inches! How about you?

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness! I can't even imagine all that. Feel free to send some of that down south! All you guys be safe up there and hope y'all don't lose electricity! Great job on the re-organizing too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The power was my biggest fear.....I knew I didn't have to go outside but after sandy the slightest wind gets me nervous!

      Delete
  4. Yes,everybody has baking stuff, tarantulas and NPH in there home gym! LOL! We had the basement gym graveyard where everything pretty much went there to die. I had Tony Little's Gazelle Glider, which I used A LOT and then gave to my s-i-l. My husband has a Nautilus-y thing with the heavy bands instead of weights down there still. I also have a manual treadmill which sucks A$$!! It is holding laundry now. I do have a spare room that is a dumping ground for decorations, yard sale wanna-bes and all of my craft supplies. It's looking miserable after this Christmas. Weekend project?

    ReplyDelete