Friday, February 22, 2013

Ever have one of "those" runs....?

The one that reminds you that you CAN do this?  That they are not always hard and painful and that they can be fun.  That was yesterday and on the treadmill none the less!!!  I had a massage scheduled for 8pm and I had to get a virtual 5k done so I went home right from work and got changed.  Things started to fall apart almost right away.  Nothing major just annoying.....Garmin dead, no clean bondi bands, my house is a disaster and my cats need a LOT of attention when I get home.....but FINALLY I got my Garmin charged, got dressed and then after a couple of stretches I hopped on the treadmill.  I knew I was going to go a bit faster than usual so I put it on 5.5mph and at mile 1 and 2 I did still do a quick walk break for .1 mile at 4mph.....however when I hit 3.6 miles I upped the speed to 6mph and then after .25 miles I finished out at 7mph for the last .25 miles.  I know that seems slow to most people but to me is was FAST.  When I hit stop on the treadmill I saw this.....


Not my fastest 5k time but I thought it was a fun time.
I headed upstairs to do some foam rolling and that is when I realized something....my feet didn't hurt.  Not the blister OR the neuromas!!!  I can not remember the last time I ran pain free!!!  Now I am not holding to any delusion that this is going to be the norm but I was pretty excited.  Lucas decided he wanted to "help" me do my foam rolling....

I seriously need to vacuum! 

So there is one more virtual 5k done for the year and I could add my bling to my medal hangar!!!  My 2013 holder is getting filled up fast!!

Guess my Garmin and my treadmill are still juuussstttt a little off so there are less 3s

Now IF ONLY my massage was as awesome as my run.....but that is another story.  Just do not let your husband have your therapist because she is awesome and his favorite is not available....I need another massage to get over that massage!  Hopefully my restorative antigravity yoga class tonight will help.

What do you have planned for the weekend? 

 Looks like NY weather is going to suck again but I ordered some awesome movies to watch while trying to get a long run in on the treadmill.....I would love LOVE LOVE to have two long runs in one week that go into the double digits! 

My viewing list.....





This I may not watch on the treadmill until I watch it comfortable first.





20 comments:

  1. Great job on that run! Sounds like you have a cozy and wonderful weekend planned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!! Those movies are all for treadmill viewing only :) I am getting my new reading chair delivered so I can't wait to break that baby in!!! :)

      Delete
  2. Haven't dared 7mph on the treadmill yet, so to me, that's fast! My heart rate isn't quite ready to cooperate with 7.

    Had a weird treadmill run..needed to stop after one mile. Got back on after I did some other exercises (cals & weights) then went to 3.45. Some days, it's just not happening, right?

    Hoping soon to have one of "those" better runs too. Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Recently the bad runs seem to be the norm for me.....so this one was extra special :)

      Delete
  3. Wait, are those movies you've NEVER seen??!!?? Serendipity is another favorite of mine and my sisters can quote French Kiss pretty much word for word. "Oh God! Here it comes... lactose intolerance!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh noooooo just Perks....the others are my some of my favorite "i watch them every time it is one" movies......

      Ohh beautiful...wish you were here :)

      Delete
  4. OoOH! French Kiss!!! "You people make my ass twitch"..
    LOVE IT!
    Great run, btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! Isnt that one of the best movies ever!!!! Had to buy it since it is not on Netflix!

      Delete
  5. I don't run on the treadmill often, but when I do I'm SO bored. I need to figure out how to watch movies because ideally that would make things go so much better!

    Good job on the run! Keeping my fingers crossed for a double digit double long runs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I didn't have the TV I wouldn't survive!!!! Due to rib pain I cut it short at 6.6 :( I was bummed but I didn't want a popped rib again!

      Delete
  6. Hmm, I commented earlier, but I don't see it. Did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go on overcoming the grouchy moments. I really need to learn how to do it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to figure it out too...lol today it didn't wor :)

      Delete
  8. Great job on the run!!! I love it when they go the way we want them too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent! Way to bang out a 5k!

    ReplyDelete