Friday, January 25, 2013

Regrouping.

So after the fiasco of last weekend I have spent this week regrouping.  I spent some time with friends, only ran a couple of easy treadmill miles and go back to my yoga mat.  For a while I would practice at least 2 times a week.  My head was in such a better place then but life just sometimes gets in the way. 

Now, I am quite particular about my yoga.  I pretty much only like vinyasa classes.  I have tried others like hatha and ashtanga and just didn't like them as much.  I also have to feel a connection with the teacher, they need to be someone I feel comfortable with and could see myself hanging out with them....even if I never do just to have the level of comfort.  Recently my friend and yoga instructor Michele told me about a studio in Bellmore (here on Long Island) that has an antigravity yoga class and they had a groupon.....I couldn't get there fast enough.  Was I nervous of course but I did always want to join a circus (animal free circus of course because the ones with animals are ASSHOLES and i hate them.....opps sorry i just get crazed over that subject) annnywaaaayyyy I was excited.  And tonight I went to a class and another yoga teacher friend of mine will be teaching a restorative version of antigravity yoga and wanted to practice so I stayed for a second class.  Finally I remembered to have Michele take a picture or 2 of me in the hammock because people ask me all the time about it.  The hammocks hold up to 2000 lbs so everyone I know can do this!!!!  And let me tell you it feels like you grow 2 inches and you just feel like everything is back in place so if you have a chance try it out!  If you live on Long Island and want to go with me let me know!!!

Monkey Pose

Star Pose
Do you love yoga?  What type do you practice? 

10 comments:

  1. That looks AWESOME!! I yoga a lot--prefer Anasaura Yoga because it focuses on alignment and I feel that focusing on that really helps balance out any imbalances from running and assists in remaining injury free. But currently subscribing to Yoga Glo and practicing whatever looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is SO fun! I want to learn how to practice at home....lol I have always been afraid of doing it wrong and hurting myself.

      Delete
  2. I love me some yoga AND I love a challenge, but I'm also a klutzy loser so...even though that looks so awesomesauce & I want to try it...well..I.Am.Scared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bellmore? Why does everything have to be so far away?!? grrrr... Maybe one day, when I'm working more regularly, I'll join you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that is how I felt when I lived out there....that is part of why we moved Huntington, it is sort of central on the island.

      Delete
  4. I really love Bikram yoga! I've tried Aerial yoga with friends and I think the instructor hated us because we giggled the whole time lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not tried Bikram yet but I plan on it. I am afraid I will get bored because they just do the same 26 poses each class right?

      Delete
  5. That looks like SO MUCH FUN! I've never done yoga, but would love to try Bikram. I'm with you on circus's. Poor animals. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a BLAST!! If you can find a place near you that has it I would for sure say to try it at least once!!

      Delete