Saturday, January 5, 2013

Oh Crap......

Well for the past few days I have been planning to actually go do a long run at a park about 30 or so minutes from my home.  It is the course that a great 10k trail run is held every year and this year was my first time and loved the course!  I was going to drive to Babylon and head north on the trail to Belmont Park run around the lake and back.....then in dawned on me Belmont is so much closer then I can run to Babylon and back *headdesk*. 

I looked at the parks website and it said the trials were still closed from Sandy but a running friend of mine said she would run with me there because she needs to get some long slow runs in because she is doing a bunch of marathons and ultra this year.  I was so excited since I had not run 'with' her since the mud run in September.  (We have been at the same races since but she is way faster than I am LOL)

Yes I took this off the photo website with my phone LOL but it is a cool shot of us coming out of the bay LOL


So this morning I got up at 7am when it hit me.....my stomach was in bad shape!  Now ever morning I have a race scheduled when I wake up my belly is a little off from nerves I guess so I expect that.  Nothing a couple of trips to the bathroom and then porto potties won't fix but today was not the same. 

So I emailed Daneille and told her I would have to wait until later and stay close to home....I may suck it up and treadmill it just to be close to the bathroom BOO.  Now I sit here with my water and steel cut oats with brown sugar hoping to settle whatever made my belly so mad at me!
I have such cute slippers right? LOL

I am sure it is super cold out but it is so clear and sunny I want to run outside on trail *pout*.  I know there is tomorrow and next weekend too but still.......

I am very DISAPPOINTED!!!

What do you do if your running plans get messed up?

6 comments:

  1. HUGS!
    Must be in the Jersey water, I delayed my run today for the same reason. I think I ate something at Applebee's last night that didn't agree with me! It appears to be flushed out, lol, and the temp is 38, so I am going to get dressed for my run. Staying close to home in case all that running loosens me up lol. 7 miles planned for today, let's see how many get done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel better yourself!!!! I think it will be dreadmill for me....2 episodes of Buffy should keep my mind off of it....plus just a quick jet upstairs if needed LOL 10k on schedule for me.

      Delete
  2. There is a gastrointestinal flu going around here..we actually have to stop doing homecare at a place in Glen Cove because the place is on lockdown from residents going to the hospital from it. Anyway, when my running plans get messed up, I either lift weights, or walk around pouting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will run just not as far because I am still off and now I cut my finger pretty bad lol...wth with today lol

      Delete
  3. I hope you were still able to get your run in! I'm like you and try to wait until later in the day. If not, I have no problem postponing it to the next day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! 7.25 miles on the treadmill. Not ideal but I got it done!

      Delete