Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Home Gym

I used to have a baking business on the side so our spare room became a storage room for all my accoutrements.  I had it really organized but now I don't do that anymore and even though I have given a lot of the stuff away the room has become a dumping ground for all things we don't know what to do with.  Also it is the warmest room in the house so that is where my tarantulas live.  Yes they are in cages LMAO

I will not post pictures of them in case any one is not a fan of spiders

So I have a TV and A DVD player in there and all of my work out DVDs and my Wii with Wii fit so I can make it a home gym of sorts.  I know I could never have my treadmill up there but my friends are giving me their stationary bike so that will go in there.  I would love to get my medal hangers hung up and just make it a fun and inspiring room to keep me off my ass even when I am home.  I can also have a calendar hung up with all my virtual races listed and challenges I sign up for along with another one with a running schedule to train for all my half marathons this year.

This was taken in Oct and has now completely overflowed so I have one with my 2013 medals.

Do you work out at home?  Where do you do it? 

10 comments:

  1. I haven't worked out at home in a long while. I prefer to do Insanity in my LR because it's a 1-story extension on the house on a concrete slab, so I don't fear falling through the floor. When I do Leslie Sansone DVDs or my Gilad step workouts I would be in my bedroom upstairs. I have an exercise equipment graveyard in the basement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate to do anything in my living room because of the cats and my husband....we have a 3 bedroom house and i used to do it in the spare room when it was upstairs but i hated sounding like an elephant on the floor so when we moved the office up there i was excited to have the spare room down stairs but that is as far as it got....it is an older house so nothing heavy on the floors. This treadmill will live at this house even if we live it was horrible to get down there!

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's a lot of medals! Impressive :)

    I have a treadmill & weight machine in my basement, so I banish myself down there. Can't do sit-ups or crunches in the living room, cause I either get attacked with doggie kisses, or they assume it's playtime. Funny babies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that problem with my cats!!! I need to make a place to close the door!!!

      Delete
  3. I work out right in my living room, and its not very big at all, but i make it work! Sometimes when I am in the office alone I do a few push ups too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great! My cats make it almost impossible for that LOL I am part of a month long push up challenge and they DRIVE ME CRAZY lol

      Delete
  4. I'm horrible at working out at home. We used to have a treadmill. Actually we still have treadmill, it has not been used in several month because it's broken. Although it technically still works, but there a huge crack down the base. It's not ideal to use it. So it sits. Which I really enjoy outdoor running anyway. Except lately, I do wish a few times that I could hop on and get my run done. I have plenty of videos I can do, again horrible at getting it done. Put me at the Y or out running and I can workout non stop. Home, eh. I would like another treadmill : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never been good at working out at home with the exception of the past year with my treadmill (which is 6 years old BTW so you do the math on that one LOL)

      I hope having a place to do it will make it more likely to do it!

      Delete
  5. You had a baking business? That is my dream job! I love baking!!
    I do exercise dvd's at home, or sometimes use my treadmill or spin bike at home, and then have just started taking fitness classes at a womens gym.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was called Sweetie Darlings LOL I made cakes, cupcakes and cakepops. I got super busy too fast so I make it too much like work so now I hate to bake....for now, it will come back I am sure!

      Delete