Thursday, January 3, 2013

Hello again!

Well I am still playing catch up after vacation.  I can't complain too much I was in Belize after all!!

The last sunrise before we left....pic was taken from bed with only a little zoom....best view!
We got back late on the 31st and I was up all night watching the Twilight Zone marathon.  I just couldn't get to sleep.  New years day was spent catching up on emails and facebook and spending quality time with the fur babies. 





Wednesday was back to work time and laundry.

I had planned on writing a 2012 in review post, a Belize running post and a 2013 goals post.  I really just don't have it in me.  I spent the past hour trying to catch up on blogs and I still have over 178 left on my google reader.

So the abridged version:

2012 was great for me, I set out to run 52 races and surpassed 70.  I ran and finished a half marathon and a 50 mile 8 person relay along with a bunch of 5ks, 10ks, 4 milers and 5 milers.  There was also a Spartan, a med run and a color run.  I also ran 506 miles in 2012 with 6 of those miles being run on the beach of Belize.  Not too shabby.

It may have been 95 degrees just after sunrise but running in Belize does not suck!
So what do I have planned for 2013 you ask?

1. 13 half marathons in the year both regular and virtual.
2. Get into the Half Fanatics
3. Run to the moon with the moon joggers.  (1,000 miles)
4. Get a sub 30 5k and a sub 60 10k This was what I had planned on being a goal this year but I have decided that I want to focus this year on distance/endurance and not speed.  I feel like if I stop focusing on my time and focus on the quality of my running the speed may or may not come but I want to enjoy running more and if I am constantly disappointed with my times I won't enjoy it as much as I could.

I may think of others but I have to change the laundry and run. 

Happy NewYear!!!!

Oh and I have started a run streak.  I am planning on running a minimum of 1 mile per day for all 365 days of 2013.  I almost missed last night but I got it in by just jumping on my treadmill in my regular clothes.  Now let me say, the jeans I didn't really notice, having my glasses on sucks but I have done that before but I have D cup boobs and running without a sports bra was not fun!  I spent the entire mile clutching my boobs HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

6 comments:

  1. You silly head, running in street clothes like that! I can call you silly, to, because I did the same thing the night we got our treadmill as soon as I had it set up! Good luck with all your goals- hope you achieve them and then some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned that from "Running Mom". She did a streak and I asked her how she fit it in on crazy busy days and she said sometimes she would just get it in when she could...even as far as running around while he kids were on line once.

      Delete
  2. I've done that before. Wearing the worse bra ever (and I ain't no a or b cup either) and running on my treadmill. Don't have a treadmill now (it broke recently), but to keep my streak going I take off sometimes at 11 o'clock at night (when it was warmer out), not always dressed properly because hey it's dark and who's going to see me and run my mile.

    I also ran once while my kids were waiting in line for a haunted house. Dark, middle of nowhere place and I'm running laps around the building in jeans, converse and a regular bra. So glad I did though because then we had car trouble after we went through the house and next thing I knew it was after midnight. Phew! All that to keep my streak going.

    So it made me laugh when I read your description because I've so been there done that! Rock on and keep the streak going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know I am not alone and I am pretty sure I read YOUR haunted house story and added it on to another bloggers run streak stories!!!

      Delete
  3. Ahh, I would love to run along the beach in Belize! What beautiful pics! Good luck on the streak, that would be fun, I just don't know if I could do it! SO funny you ran on your tm in street clothes and no sports bra- OW!! Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belize was amazing! Not only did I run on the beach but I did yoga on a pier...insane!!

      I will never EVER run without a sports bra again!! LOL Even if I am in jeans I will be putting a sports bra on hahaha

      Delete