Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sometime the heart and mind are not in sync.

I am slow.  I am not going to be fast.  Faster?  Maybe, but fast?  No.  That is OK and yes I am OK with it.  Sometimes I wish I was faster but I do what I do and I get it done.  I spend a lot of time encouraging others to get out there and run and they usually leave me in the dust.



I believe this completely!!!  I KNOW I am a runner because, well....because I run.  The thing is there are very few times I FEEL like I am a runner.  Does that make sense?  I can count the times in my life I felt like a runner on 1 hand.  Well today I actually feel like a runner.  For the first time since I started running I ran more than 20 miles in 1 week.


What makes  you feel like a runner?  Do you always feel like a runner?

10 comments:

  1. I have to say, almost every run is tough for me. It's either because I'm adding distance or I'm running faster. I think part of being a runner is never being satisfied with half-assing it. When I'm just not into it, I'll say to myself I'll just go easy, but I never do! And I think you're a runner when you realize you can't just take it or leave it- you HAVE to run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did find out that I have to run when I was sick and couldn't that is for sure!!

      Delete
  2. I feel the same way as Fab at 40. Only I'm 52 and a new runner. I consider myself a runner, but a beginner. And I try so hard not to make each run feel like work, but then I guess I think,"then what am I running for?"
    http://thepetitepacer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is why I do so many races....motivation to get out there :)

      Delete
  3. I don't feel like a "runner" at all. I doubt I'll ever feel like one. I've stopped running because I hate cold weather and I don't have a treadmill at home. So now I *really* don't feel like a runner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always come to my house and use my treadmill :)

      Delete
  4. I feel the exact same way. I've only been running since July, but I've taken it seriously. I just wonder sometimes when I'm going to "feel" like I AM a "runner". Lol it's weird, right? Rest assured though, we are runners. What makes us question it probably has more to do with subconsciously comparing ourselves to others...You know, the die-hard types we admire and follow. We are runners too, just on our own scale. And that's ok :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right I am ALWAYS comparing myself to others....drives me nuts but I only have myself to blame! Thanks for letting me know that I am not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh...I just stumbled upon your blog...now I have it bookmarked :)

    I love running too. Looking forward to reading more of your blog. I completed my first half-marathon in October...with my husband and five children cheering me on!! It was amazing.

    ReplyDelete