Thursday, December 6, 2012

So many fun things planned......

You guys know I love virtual runs...I have actually done 3 so far this week and have one more to do.  I do have a couple more this year but next year is chock full of them

Seriously!!!



Plus I leave for Belize on the 24th!



Anyway besides the 5 actual half marathons that I am already registered for I now have the following awesome things on the schedule:

First is a Virtual Run Series put on by Laura AKA Mommy Runs Fast  


You need to run either a 5k or a 5 mile run, by the 5th of every month. For time or for fun. It starts January, and goes through June 2013. It kicks off with the Resolution Run put on by Amanda at Run to the Finish.  I am also doing a Resolution Run for For the love of the kids.  For the love of the kids raises money to help children with cancer through The hole in the wall gang camp.
 

You sign up here for the run series.



There are options of any length/type of race real or virtual.  My goal is to do 13 half marathons.  I have 5 real ones on schedule already.
 
That leads into third.  Remember my post about how much I love bling?  I found Sandra's web site of virtual races for to raise money for Team in Training and you get awesome bling!!!  Fund 4 Bling.  Every month Sandra puts on races that are various distances and you can sign up for as many as you want.  She makes you awesome personalized bibs and if you send her pictures she will frame them with your name and time.
 
I just did this one last night.


I hope Kimberly doesn't mind I used her pic....
See!!  The bling is serious!!!
She is hosting a run series 2013 13 13.1's.  You have to do 10 of her races that you do donate to her team for and then use any 2 of your other races to make 12 then the 13th race is free and you get a super huge medal.  This series will for sure help with the first one!!!

 Who is with me?  Let me know if you are joining in on any of them!!!

12 comments:

  1. Those personalized bibs are neat. I'm excited to get my running started in 2013! 5 By the 5th!! Woot woot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!! I cant wait to hear about your running!!

      Delete
  2. 13 half-marathons?!? I don't think it's possible for me, at least running them all. Was walking an option? Good luck with all of your goals. Your calendar must be jam-packed already!!! I'll figure things out after RR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walking is OK!!! I would say since it is free, sign up and see what happens! Even sign up for the once of various lengths. I am sure you can do 13 races if they include 5ks, 10ks, ect :)

      Delete
  3. LOVE that you used my pic, what an honor <3 So excited to be doing 13 Halfs in 2013 as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK YAY! I am glad :) I am excited and scared all at the same time!! LOL

      Delete
  4. I'm so jealous that you already have 5 actual Half's signed up! I don't have any yet! And you know I'll be doing the 13 13.1 with you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But we will be together in Ohio for the pig!!!!! I will wait for you after my half to cheer you on for your first full!!! How is the foot?

      Delete
  5. So many virtual races....so little time :) Thanks for posting about them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right.....it feels like there is no training just virtual runs to get ready for the in real life runs LOL

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing mine, so glad you can participate in the 5 by the 5th series. And wow, I'm beyond impressed with your 13 half marathon goal. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I am excited for all the virtual runs especially the free ones as I spent A LOT of money on races last year so I decided to cut back my racing schedule. Now I don't really have too. Yes so virtual runs have a cost but not all :)

      Delete