Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Nominated For a Liebster Blog Award!!!


What a way to start the day!!!  My friend Kim, from Barking Mad about Running nominated me for a Liebster Award.  Thank you!!!  I had not heard of this before today but I am so excited now that I know what it is! 

What is a Liebster award?  Liebster is German for "dearest". It is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers as a way to spread the "new blogger" love!

 
 
Of course, with any award, there are guidelines! I must
  • answer 11 questions set forth by my nominator!
  • Write 11 random facts about myself
  • Write 11 questions of my own for
  • 11 new nominees!

Step 1 Answer Kim's questions:


1. What is your favorite Holiday movie?  
 
     Recent Movie is Elf (maybe because we eat the same things)
Except candy canes I HATE peppermint!

                                             
     Childhood favorite is March of the Wooden Soldiers
 

 
2. What is your favorite Holiday song?  Little Drummer Boy by David Bowie and Bing Crosby
 
3. Who is your favorite Holiday character? Will Farrell as Elf for sure!!!


 
4. What is your favorite Holiday tradition?  For the past 20 or so years I have spent Christmas eve at my mother and I celebrate at my "other family's" house.  It used to be The Basile's and now that they moved to PA it is the Maffie's.
 
  5. What is your favorite ornament? Why?  I don't like Star Wars but I have a Darth Vader ornament from my friend Matthias.  A couple of years ago just after I finished decorating my tree it fell over and everything broke. It was all of my ornaments from my whole life.  The ones my mother gave me from my childhood and any I bought as an adult.  The second Matthias found out he collected any ornament he had and drove right out from Brooklyn to give me what he had and take me to get new ones.  It is a reminder of something I already knew but that he will always be there if I need him.
 
6. Is your Christmas tree live, or artificial?  I refuse to have a fake tree in my house!!!  I do have a little fake one at work but NEVER in my house!!!
 
7. Garland: yay or nay?  I do not use it but I di like it.
 
8. Star? or Angel?  We have a star
 
9. Tinsel: yay or nay? I LOVE IT but I can not use it with 3 cats in the house :)
 
10. Do you hang candy canes on your tree?  Yes but not peppermint ones !!!
 
11. What color are your Christmas tree lights?  ALL COLORS!!!!

Step 2 11 Random facts about me:

1. I started "running" on May 22, 2011 with a 5k.  And I have now run in 106 races.

2. I have been and will be again the crazy cat lady and I am not ashamed to admit it.
 
3. I don't even know how many tattoos I have and many of them are candy and cupcakes.
I really do run on candy
4. I have been at my current job since 1/28/2002.

5. Other than my husband I have had 2 soulmates in my life.
Kayla

Timmy
6. I have only run 1 half marathon so far and got hurt but my plan for 2013 is to run at least 13 of then and I am already registered for 5 regular ones and 3 virtual ones.

7. I am completely OBSESSED with Pee Wee Herman and even have a tattoo declaring my love for him.


He even comes on vacation with me.

8. I have well over 50 pairs of Chuck's but can't wear them often due to my neuromas.
Look who it is LOL
 
9. I love British TV old and new.
 
10. I have 3 cats that are hypoallergenic since I , the crazy cat lady married a guy who is allergic to cats.
 
 
 
11. I have 4 tarantulas.
This is Fabiana, she is named after a friend of mine since they are both from Brazil


Step 3. Ask 11 new questions:

1. What is your favorite distance to run and why?
2. If you could run ANY race in the world what would it be?  Do you think you will get to?
3. Where is your favorite place to vacation?
4. Why did you start your blog?  Has it changed?
5. Where did the name of your blog come from?
6. Other than your significant other who would you want to be stranded on a deserted island with?  Real or fictional.
7. What was your favorite show as a kid?
8. Solo or group running?  Why?
9. What is your favorite candy?
10. What is your favorite book?
11. What is your favorite animal?

Step 4. My nominees: (I apologize if you have been nominated already! It is so hard to keep track)
 
2. Lorena - The Jogging Jawa
11. Alyssa - Chocolate is My Life

12 comments:

  1. This might take me a while, but thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does take a bit and you are very welcome!

      Delete
  2. That is so cool to learn about you!!
    Tarantulas and Pee Wee Herman...oh my!!
    Of course I LOVE that tattoo!
    I will try to do it too. We'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for nominating me, Gigi!
    -Celia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you are but what am I? Infinity! Hugs n Love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, thank you, Gigi!!
    How sad about your Christmas tree a couple years ago! I probably would've bawled my eyes out! But Matthias sounds like an awesome friend. I can't believe you have tarantulas! My stepson is begging for some kind of critter, he wants a lizard. I'd be so scared it would get out and crawl in my bed though- I would die!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! I love your blog!!

      I have had many lizards and they are pretty easy to care for if you go iguana or water dragon. They would not likely leave their cage as they like it to be warm so why leave the heat lamps area? :) Tarantulas are like fish....just there to look at, you should never handle them even though some people do it is not safe for the tarantula.

      Delete
  6. Hey! You've won something on my blog -- please check it out and send me your contact info. Congrats, and thanks for following my journey!!
    Please note in your email: TRAILHEADS HAT
    runningdivamom at yahoo dot com
    www.runningdivamom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know! I am so behind on my reader since I was away for a week!!!

      Delete