Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Brain Dump....

I have been meaning to do a blog post for days now but life is crazy the week before my vacation so this is going to be a disjointed and jumpy post.  Imagine what it is like in my head right now!

I have run 493 miles in 2012 according to my daily mile....7 miles and I meet a goal I didn't even know I had.  17 miles and I hit one I did know I had To run 500 miles in a year.  17 miles and I hit "Blue" on Nike+.  My 2012 running goal was to run 52 races.....I am well over 70 so I am pleased!!

I know there are some missing but I apparently ran a lot more in 2012 than in 2011 LOL if this is my total mileage.
******************************************

This weekend my friend Gabby came for a visit and she joined me for my last 5k of 2012.  The HoHoHo 5k in Bethpage.  It was a really nice day for a run!!!  I am not sure if it was because we were up late or because we ate pizza and ice cream for dinner but I had a tough run.  I felt like I was pushing really hard but my time was just my average.....33:41 according to my garmin but 34:04 official time because the race was PACKED this year! 


Someone had a good time :)  The race photog got her doing this too for her official race photo!!  AWESOME!

 *****************************************************

Sunday we got tattoos.....Gabby's first!!!  She sat like a champ!  I as per usual whined and hated every second of it......yes I have many many tattoos but they freaking HURT! 

Cotton Candy on my thigh....I really do run on candy!
******************************************************************

I think this week is going to drag and yet not have enough hours in it at the same time....I am excited to go on vacation but I have so much to do before we leave.  Packing everything I *may* need, get my house clean, get everything set up for friends who are staying at our house when we are not there and also for our neighbor who is cat sitting and taking our mail in once Danielle and Josh go back to Virginia.

*******************************************************************

I was going to post my thoughts on the tragedy in Newton but it is not needed and nothing others have not already talked about.   I did register for a virtual half marathon to raise money for those families and I urge everyone to join me.  It is both a half or a 5k.  You can run/walk/bike/crawl and you can split up the half over a few days.  Please check it out and consider participating.




********************************************************************

Is there such a thing as drinking too much tea?  It is cold now and I like tea.  I drink 3-6 cups of black tea with 1 raw sugar packet and a splash of skim milk while at work.  I know it is better than soda but is it too much?  Between the awesome Rodarte mug I got for myself at Starbucks to the Kurieg I bought for the office and finding Awake tea k-cups on sale for $13.00 16/pk.  I just keep drinking.....
I love lime green anything......
********************************************************************

So did you have running goals for 2012?  Did you meet them?

 

10 comments:

  1. I drink about the same amount of tea. I really hope that much isn't bad for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was at the acupuncturist the other day she noticed that I seemed puffy/swollen in the legs.....I know sugar can do that so I cut the sugar in half but tea is also a diuretic so I was afraid of that......

      Delete
  2. Doesn't black tea constipate you? I would drink it all the time, if that wasn't the case with me. Sorry if TMI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually does the exact opposite for me...might be the caffeine, gets stuff moving if you know what I mean :)

      Delete
  3. I know drinking decaf green tea is good for you. I would think tea is better than coffee, but there's always conflicting news about just about everything we eat or drink, so I don't know what to tell you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kow and what is good today will be bad tomorrow LOL

      Delete
  4. Did I read that right? 70 races this year?!
    And cotton candy on your thigh. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sure did :) I also have a foot covered in candy corns, and gummy bears LOL

      Delete
  5. What an awesome year you've had!! Wow, that's a lot of races and miles! Love your tattoo! That's so cute.
    My only goal this year was to run a half marathon, and I ran 2! Big change for next year because, as you know, I'm running 13 half's! I hope to exceed that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck to both of us with all of those halfs!!! We got this!

      Delete