Friday, November 2, 2012

Living in a bubble.

Yesterday I posted about the damage to my little bubble of a neighborhood.  I thought that is was horrible.  Last night I was at a friends house warming up and I was able to get on line and I started looking at articles and pictures of what this storm has done to the East Coast.  I was floored.  I was sick.  I am now grateful that all we had was some property damage and we are going to be without power for a few weeks.  Big fucking deal....people have lost EVERYTHING.

I thought I was going to be able to do a post that was thought out and intelligent about everything from the gas lines to the looting to the crazy driving to the NYC Marathon.  However I just can't.  I get angry, I get sad, I am confused.  One thing I do know is that I will not be complaining about my situation any more, I am actually trying to look at it in as positive way as I can.  I have made friends with my neighbors more than just a wave when passing, I have learned how wonderful they are and how they will do anything they can to help you out and now we are a part of that.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you. During one of my several phone conversations w/ my husband while at the Hess station, I told my husband if this is the WORST thing I have to go through after this storm, than I am SO VERY LUCKY. (I didn't have any damage, unlike you!!) He was telling his co-worker what I was doing, waiting at that point about 7 hours, and he said I had a very positive spin on it and Bob said "I love her." I have a car to put gas in! How terrible a hardship is that?

    ReplyDelete