Thursday, November 1, 2012

Just a quick one...

There is still no power in my neighborhood and it is going to be along time.  We lost all but 1 pole on our block.  The damage is crazy but I have some of the best and most fun neighbors so we are making the most of it.  I did get to come back to work today so that is how I am updating.  I hope everyone else is OK. 

On my block we lost 3 cars, damage to 2 houses, 6 electric poles and 6 large trees.  This is covering the length of 5 houses 2 on one side and 3 on the other.....












No one was hurt and that is all that matters.  We have a lot of damage but no of us lost our homes which is much more than I can say for others. 

10 comments:

  1. Wow! I am so glad that everyone is okay! Those uprooted trees are HUGE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know....I have no idea how some came out of the ground!! So scarey!

      Delete
  2. Geez!! That is crazy!! So glad everyone is ok!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I had nothing to complain about, which is why I didn't post that picture to FB. Watching NBC all day, listening to the people from SI and Queens... I had to shut it off. Every story made me cry. I'm glad you and your husband are ok and you are in such great spirits!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I didn't get to see any of that until last night....I will not complain about our situation any more!

      Delete
  4. Wow, that's crazy! I'm so glad you guys are ok and none of you lost your homes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Now that I have been able to see some news I am realizing that what happened to us is NOTHING.

      Delete
  5. Iam glad that you and your family are safe
    How long do you think the power will be out?
    I have a friend in NJ and she charges her cell from the car. No power as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We have been told by LIPA that it will be close to a month because the power lines are all down on my block.

      Delete