Saturday, November 17, 2012

AntiGravity Yoga and treadmill/garmin issues

So as I mentioned in my last post I tried anti-gravity yoga last night.  I was pretty excited all day and then my friend Michelle who is a yoga instructor sent me a text telling me she was nervous....OH SHIT.  If she was nervous what the heck did I get my self into?  I realized at about 4pm I forgot to eat lunch and I was feeling light headed and all emo because of it.  However I didn't want to fill up if in 2 hours I was going to be upside down.......so I had a little oatmeal.



The traffic to get to the studio sucked but I finally got there and was pleasantly surprised that Athi was there too...she is another yoga instructor friend of mine.  The class was the 3 of us and 1 woman who had been going to the class for awhile.  I mostly loved the class.  There did have a few issues.  I have a big butt and I love my big butt but it is soft and as in the picture above the hammock hurts in a few positions.  The teacher said you get used to it and I can see how but there were a few times of pain.  Another problem I had was I think from the lack of food, I got dizzy and nauseated a few times when coming back up.  Other than that it was tough and a lot of fun and I will be doing it again.  When I got home my neck and upper back were KILLING me.  I don't know if it was from the yoga but I didn't like it!

Last night on my way home when I first turned into my neighborhood it looked like the streets had been cleaned but as I got closer to my house the less it was clean so I knew there would be more treadmill running.  I didn't run last night because of my back but this morning after I made a chiropractor appointment I jumped on the treadmill for a 20 min run.  Now yesterday I calibrated my foot pod so I just grabbed that.  I was hurting so I knew I had to take it slow so I put it in 5mph and ran my 20 minutes.  When I uploaded my run onto garmin I was surprised.  Instead of 2 12 minute miles as it should be when running at a constant 5mph I had a 12:17 and 12:19....also for 20 minutes I should have run 1.75 miles yet the watch said 1.63 and the treadmill said 1.69.  ????  And I did not change the elevation on the treadmill yet I had a 400+ elevation gain.....?????  What the heck.

I know I am nit picking but i doesn't make sense.....any ideas?

I am super excited for tomorrow's 5k.  It is the Massapequa turkey trot and my friend Fabiana is joining Nadia and I. Fabiana is my Sole Sister....we ran 99.9% of our races together.  She was always much faster but it was nice to have someone to hang out with.  When she found out she was pregnant she walked the 5k in Washington DC with me but decided to take a break until after the cutest baby was born.  So tomorrow she is supposed to make her return and since she is close friends with Nadia too (We all worked together) it will be a bit of a reunion.

1 picture is never enough for a blog post in my opinion so I will add just one more....

This was taken after the Cherry Blossom 10miler and 5k.  It was the last time I ran with my Fabs!  Christine did the 10 miler and the rest of us did the 5k

(L-R)Rob, Fabs, Christine, Me and Sulma

2 comments:

  1. I would definitely suffer from the dizzies with that workout. I had labrynthitis (temporary vertigo) and it lets me know every once in a while that it could rear its ugly head again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother suffers from something similar and I can say for sure this would not be good for either of you!!

      Delete