Saturday, October 13, 2012

Zombies

When I first started running....ok walk/jogging I wanted to follow a C25K plan but I just couldnt do it.  So I would just run when I could.  I downloaded a bunch of apps on my iphone and just played with them.  One I was super excited for was Zombies, RUN! 

At first it was pretty cheesy just a silly story playing while you ran with an occasional zombie chase which went by your gps to see if you got caught or not.  Over the past year they have updated a bunch of things and also have integrated it with other apps and you can check out your runs and stuff on line.  I decided a while back that I was going to redo the adventure since I finished it and the next update is not for awhile. 

Well as anyone who is in a 50 mile radius of my knows I got hurt at the Diva...I have been bitching and moaning about it non stop.  Well Six to Start, the company who came out with that game just came out with a 5k training plan with Zombies.  Now I know I have run a bunch of 5ks but I am going to be a few steps back in my progress when I am up and running again and I want to take it slow as to not get hurt again in either the 10 mile brewery run in January or the All State half in March or the Flying Pig half in May.....as you can see I am still registering for races LOL.  I have also set my 2013 running goal.  I have been pretty good at setting realistic goals and hitting them.

2011 -  Run a full 5k.  Done on my 38th birthday on 10/23 at the Tangar Outlet 5k.  I did walk through the water stop but I cant run and drink.

2012 - Run 52 races.  Well I hit that with the Cow Harbor 10k on Sept 15th.

2013 - Become a Half Fanatic.

So I know to be able to do this with out getting hurt again I should probably regroup.  I will start with the 5k Zombie training plan and then move on to my Jeff Galloway 13.1 training plan.

What are your 2013 running goals?

6 comments:

  1. wow 52 races in 2012, that's fantastic!!

    I'm going to have my 2012 goal be to run a full marathon one day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an awesome one! That was my original 2013 goal but I will not be ready :)

      Delete
  2. When I looked at how many races you've done, I was FLOORED! I wish I could afford to race more and do some travelling, as well. I looked at the Half Maniacs link. Do you have to perform each step in order to meet the criteria for that phase or is it 1 out of the 3? I'll have to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am lucky that since we don't have kids I can afford this hobby :) It is much cheaper than my last one of getting too many tattoos HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, new follower Jen here, I found your blog through Frickin Fabulous at 40. :)

    I did the couch to 5k program around this time last year and ran my very first (and so far only) race last December. Just 2 weeks after my race I wound up pregnant and so I slowed up on my jogging and eventually just quit all together. My baby girl is 7 weeks old as of today and so I've been back at working out and trying to lose all the extra I've gained for the last week now. I was thinking maybe I should try to do the C25K program again to get back in the swing of things, but this Zombie app sounds absolutely amazing! Haha. I'm going to have to try it out now for sure. Thanks for mentioning it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome and congratulations on the baby!!!! As soon as my foot lets me run again I will be starting, keep me posted on how you like it!

    ReplyDelete