Friday, October 26, 2012

Well it is officially "ON" now isnt it?

I mentioned in a previous post that my 2013 running goal is to get into the Half Fanatics.  To do this I need to do 3 half marathons in a 90 day period.  Well these have all been found and registered for.

First on March 23, 2013 is The All State Half Maraton.  This runs through Flushing Meadows Park in Queens.  This is where the 1939 and 1964 Worlds Fair were held so the course is going to be so cool.  Plus the bling looks pretty cool.



Then a mere 15 days later is the Atlantic City April fools Half Marathon.  I am hoping a bunch of people will join me on this one and we can have a fun weekend in AC with a run thrown in.  I do have one concern, the course is 6.5 miles in one direction and then turn around and come back.  This could be boring buuuuuut it looks like it is along the boardwalk and water so it may still have great sights.  And bling with a jester on it WIN!





Then the 3rd and final one (not ever I am sure but the last one to get me into the fanatics) will take me into Ohio for The Flying Pig Half Marathon.  This originally was going to be my first full marathon but I will not be ready.  I will do at least one full marathon but not until the end of 2013 or 2014.  Luckily Tom and I have friends that live 1/2 hour from where this event is held so we will fly out for a visit too!  This seems like it is one of those awesome events where the whole city gets involved in some way.  I have heard about nuns dressed like pigs......and it is TRUE!!!!!







So is anyone doing any of these?  Lets party!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Well, that one in Queens looks awfully tempting... and with the AC one, just look one way going and the other coming back! Bingo, new view! I know Jen (From Fat To Finish Line blog)runs AC all the time. I guess the boardwalk is only so long, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny Jen's recap from last year is what made me think of that one :)

      Delete
    2. I hope you do one of these......I think it will be about time we get to meet in real life!!!

      Delete
  2. Wow, you're awesome!! Well, I'll be at the Flying Pig for the marathon! We HAVE to meet up!
    If I lived closer, I would love to do the other ones too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to meet you!!! The night before I will be in the hotel by the start line, are you driving up the day of?

      Delete
  3. I just looked at the course map for the All State Half- are you as confused as I am? They better have plenty of volunteers directing runners! And yes, I would definitely love to meet you! I might be able to get my husband signed up for it too, then that would be his first half!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have talked to a few people who have run it and they have nothing but great things to say about it. I think I like the fact that it keeps crossing itself so you see other runners

      Delete