Monday, October 15, 2012

Too Soon???

So I have had a busy few days.  Baked 150+ cupcakes for a friend's wedding plus a cake for them to cut.  I was also the best man in the wedding.

 Rock Star wedding....on the stage of the Knitting Factory in Brooklyn.

So I spent all day yesterday relaxing because I got sick.  I think it is a combination of lack of sleep, the change in weather, stress and not being able to run.  One of my running friends said she gets sick when she can't run and so does her mother in law who is also a runner.  I got my cast wet in the shower today so I had to take it off, my foot feels better with out it on so I may not get it put back on.  I walked a bit this afternoon and it is feeling OKish.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnddddd my foot felling better and the wonderful running weather I am missing out on right now made me do this......
That's right I registered for a half marathon in March 2013 and for the Diva next year.  Depending on when it it is I may register for the Long Island half too or maybe the Brooklyn half to make sure I get in the the Half Fanatics.  I have the Flying Pig half marathon in May.

Would you register for 2 expensive races while still off your feet due to injury?



6 comments:

  1. oooh! I hope your feet feel much much better by the time the races come around, because it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet!! Are both of those in March? And yes, I would totally do that. Hope you can get back to running soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diva is in October but the All State is in March...and you know :) the flying pig is in May :)

      Delete
  3. I think the LI half is also in May. I think it'll be too hot for me to run long distances in the spring. I can't take the heat!!

    Please be careful with your foot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like LI is the same weekend I will be in Ohio doing the Flying pig but the heat is a good point I HATE HATE HATE running in the heat which is part of the reason I am so bummed I am off my feet now that the perfect running weather has come.

      Delete