Friday, October 26, 2012

Race Schedule.

So for most of last fall and this year I have run a race just about every weekend and once the weather got nice I upped it to 2 in a weekend.  I had to take care to not do 2 in a weekend during the Summer Series of runs because those were Monday nights!

I have decided to take that down a notch!  I looked at the schedule and (after this weekend) I will only do ONE race per week.  I might even take a weekend off here or there.  *GASP*  I will be upping my training runs for the 10 Miler in January and also the All State half in March, the Flying Pig half in May and which ever one I put in the middle of that to ensure me accomplishing my 2013 running goal of getting into the Half Fanatics.

So I went through my schedule excel spreadsheet....What? You don't keep your race schedule in a color coded Excel spreadsheet???  I have 2, One for upcoming races and one for races after they have been run which included time (chip and net is avail), pace and if I had run it before my previous time and pace are listed and also the difference....I picked my favorite races and deleted the others.

Have you ever had to make a big change to your "running lifestyle"?  How obsessive organized are you with your race schedule?  What do you do with your bibs?  I have bibfolios with the bibs and on the bibs are the date and time and if I find a pic on line or in GLIRC's Footnote magazine I put that there too.

And since I do not like to make a blog post with out at least ONE photo I will take a cue from Adam at The Boring Runner and do Funny Foto Friday....

There is a really REALLY good chance I will buying this shirt.
 

6 comments:

  1. I made myself a bib holder plaque (if you didn't see it on my blob), but I'm guessing you have way too many to hang on one of those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am on my third one of these....
      http://www.goneforarun.com/Running_BibFOLIO_Race_Bib_Display_and_Bib_Keeper_s/705.htm

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's a ton of races! And your so organized with your schedule! That's awesome. I save all my bibs in a scrapbook. I'm on my 2nd one now. I put my bib, pics and my time and anything else relating to that particular race. It's so much fun to look back through it, and seeing how I've improved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it maybe too many LOL...at the same time it will be weird to cut back :)

      Delete
  3. Love the shirt. I always like to wear things to races that get people to laugh. I got into Half Fanatics last year by running two half a week apart. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome!!! I am nervous but I am hoping to train well this time and enjoy every minute :)

      Delete