I have used GUs during evening races after I have eaten "real" food during the day, I do not think I would be able to eat a delicious chocolate outage GU first thing in the morning.
So for mornings I gave been eating Honey Stinger waffles if anything other than my usual breakfast.
2. Race Length: 5k, 10k, 1/2 Marathon, Marathon, Ultra or Other?
So far my favorite is 10k. 5k I am just not fast enough and I don't actually get into a flow and enjoy running until 3-4 miles. I can see the appeal of the half marathon but I am not up to that distance....yet. I also LOVE mud runs.
3. Workout Bottoms: Skirts, Running Shorts, Capris, Pants or Other?
In the summer my new favorite are Athleta Hana 2 in 1 shorts. They are shorts but have built in under shorts that stop the chub rub problem.
|I would die for that belly!|
In cold weather I love my Brooks Utopia thermal pants. They are not bulky and yet keep you warm.
4. Sports Drink: Gatorade, Powerade, Cytomax, you stick to water when you run or Other?
For during the run I stick to water. As I up my mileage I will have to try new things like GU brew or Nuun. I did try a nuun once and i was not thrilled by the taste. For before and after I love chocolate coconut water.
5. Running Temperatures: HEAT or COLD?
Cold for sure...I hate HATE hate running in the heat!
6. Running Shoe Brands: Suacony, Mizuno, Nike, Brookes, Asics or Other?
Brooks glycerine 9s have been the best for me and my neuromas. I do have Brooks Ghosts GTX for rain, trail and snow runs. I have a pair of mizunos too that I like. I have recently tried some Newtons but I am not happy and will probably return them.
7. Pre-race meal: Oatmeal, Bagel, Banana, Eggs, Cereal or Other?
Oatmeal or bananas. I have learned that I should never EVER try anything else.
8. Rest Days: 1x per week, 2x per week, never ever ever or Other?
I have never had a set number of rest days just when ever I didn't feel like running or didn't have a yoga class, it was usually 1 day a week. Once I start following a training plan I think it will be 2x
9. Music: Have to have it or go without it?
I could never run without music or a podcast. I still hate running so I need some sort of distraction.
10. #1 reason for running: stress-relief, endorphins, you love to race, so you can eat all the cupcakes you want, weight-loss, love running for social reasons or Other?
I started to run to lose weight and get healthy and I am still trying to achieve both....and I can also eat more candy now :)
Another major reason is to meet new friends and hang out and do something fun and healthy with new and old friends.
|Fabiana and I at her 1st (my 3rd) 5k|
|Starting line of the 50 mile Ocean to Sound Relay|
|Running a 5k in an ice storm with Matthias|
|Seriously one of the hardest trail 5ks ever|
|Motley Shues..Running with the Wrong Crowd. A fun running group that I started.|
QOTD: Answer 1 or more of these questions!! Let me know if you answer this quiz on your blog, so I can get to know more about you too!