Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Aftermath....

Well I spent the WHOLE day on the couch yesterday, relaxing.  I still had a bit of a hang over feeling but all in all I felt good.  I had that "I did something awesome and hard" sore muscles.  The one concern I have is my right foot.  I am having a hard time walking because the outer edge is a bit inflamed and swollen but it only hurts when I walk on it. 






I was bummed that Tom had to go to work but I did have the best rotating company all day long.

 Horatio

 Lucas


 Mina


Siberian cats are awesome for keeping you happy and warm.  If you live with someone allergic to cats as I do you HAVE to get one or a million of these cats.  They are hypo allergenic and an amazing breed.  Siberian Cats

I have an appointment tomorrow with my podiatrist for my biweekly neuroma shots so I will have him check out the side of my foot too but I am pretty confident that it is due to the fact that I broke the #1 rule to training.  DO NOT UP YOUR MILEAGE MORE THAT 10%.  Well I think 50% is a tad over that LOL so after a rest I will be fine.

I am the best man in a wedding this weekend so no racing.  I have 2 virtual runs on my schedule but they are both have week long windows to run so I will push them off until the last day of each and just walk it if I have to on the treadmill.  My next road races are not until 10/20 (5k) and 10/21 (4miler).  Lets just keep our fingers crossed I don't have to stay off it longer than that.

We received an email today of our official race photos and I do not hate mine, even though the photo stop at mile 12.25 was right in the middle of my wish for death I was able to look up, smile and wave so I actually bought one of those and also a finish line one because even though it wasn't good it was my first half marathon so I needed one! I usually just have one of the graphic artists at work figure out how to get the picture off the page but I wanted "real" ones for this.  The photo company also had a Finisher Certificate you could save and print too which is cute.




Then on my Starbucks run I remembered the stickers I had my friend at work make and made it OFFICIAL!


2 comments:

  1. I love the certificate! I'm printing one out and framing it! Maybe I'll figure out how to make a frame with a medal hanger to go with the bib display plaque I made! (Why would I pay for one if they're letting me print one out?) I'm glad I only like a couple of the pictures. It made picking ONE a lot easier and not cost me a fortune!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was able to print 2 on the super printer at work, one for here and one to frame for home :) I don't know what to do with the medal..it ways more than my hanger HAHA

      Delete